Look On The Bright Side
60: How To Bet on Yourself After Getting Fired ft Michelle Thames
November 22, 2021
Jenell B. Stewart
All bets are on Michelle Thames, owner of Thames Media Solutions and former Social Media Manager for Mielle Organics. This Chicago powerhouse manifested her dream role after being fired from her job in healthcare. After two years of working in her dream role traveling the world, Michelle chose to bet on herself launching her six-figure digital agency. In this interview, she shares how to bounce back from adversity, find your passion, and network your way to success. In the face of adversity, Michelle chose to Look On The Bright Side and towards her future.
- [00:00:33] Get to know Michelle Thames
- [00:06:02] From hobbyist to industry leader
- [00:08:47] How one act of faith and obedience forever changed her life
- [00:10:31] Here's how you can work with Michelle
- [00:17:45] Remaining relevant as a digital entrepreneur
- [00:22:55] We've all made mistakes. Here is how Michelle bounces back
- [00:23:47] Growth, community, and a team - here are the keys to success
- [00:27:47] This is how you push through growing pains as an entrepreneur.
- [00:32:08] Want to own a digital agency Michelle shares the best advice she's ever received
- [00:33:09] Despite setbacks, Michelle had a LOT of wins -- this is her biggest flex so far
- Michelle's journey is a compelling story of how to bounce back from adversity. After being fired from her job Michelle used her time strategically - Want to know what she did? Watch the extended interview here.
- Launching, growing, and scaling a business will require you to develop as an entrepreneur. Michelle shares tips, resources, and guidance to get you started in this episode, but be prepared to stretch your thinking in ways you may have never dreamt.
- Did Michelle's resiliency inspire you? Building resiliency is a skill you can develop, and it starts with taking small but consistent steps forward.
- Want more? Check out this week's blog post, From Fired to Financially Free to learn five steps you can take to land on your feet after losing or quitting a job.
Support for the Look On The Bright Side Podcast comes from:
Connect With Me:
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | My Patreon
Have A Question Support the show